Next Phase Completed

phew. more mileposts passed. We've exchanged contracts, arranged insurance, got a completion date.
The removal company has given a quote - we're going to use Pickfords and their packing service.
What didn't dawn on me, packing and moving doesn't all happen in one day. One and a half days to pack up. One to travel, one and a half to unpack. Complicated by the fact that at the Devon end we will have to use a smaller van to transfer everything from the bigger lorry on account of our new home is up a narrow lane. Pickfords seem to know what they are doing though.

I was surprised that the (very nice) man who came to assess what we had that needed moving said "You have rather a lot of stuff for such a small house". I didn't think we had much, but on reflection, hmm, yes, perhaps we do have a lot of toot!

Anyway, removal is organised.

I have spent today sorting out all the change of addresses. The over the phone or simple on line changes are easy-peasy, for the rest, I've written letters. So I think that is all done.

According to BT it should be a simple switch-over for the telephone number & broadband as we've elected to keep the phone number already registered to the house.... but this is BT we are talking about.... (for overseas: BT = British |Telecom)

I've also been enjoying myself ordering a few things from e-bay. We'll need new cooking equipment seeing as we'll now have an oil-fired range to cook on (a Redfyre - like an Aga, but different)

Our new kitchen - that's the Redfyre Range on the right
 LOL - I've informed the family that I'm not getting odds and ends for Christmas, just things we will be needing. This also applied to Ron's recent birthday. He had a kettle. A lovely red one for us to use on the Redfyre.

So all of you who want to pop by for a coffee once we're settled - you're OK! We've got a kettle!

6 comments:

  1. How wonderful!! I can't wait to see the new place next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Kitchen and put the kettle on I am sure your Neighbors will be dropping in..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:39 am

    Fantastic kitchen; you'll really enjoy cooking on the range, potatoes are just devine and meringues are fab once you get the hang on the temperatures! Hope all goes smoothly for you on the day/days; at least as you say you already have the kettle, the most important item in any farmhouse kitchen. Best wishes to you all Glenda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the link to your blog. I'll get it to my Reader, so I won't miss a post.
    Good luck with moving. When are you going to move?

    When we moved to a different town (25 km) in Oct 2011 we hired a removal company. Thank goodness for that. I will never move without them if we ever move again (we're not planning to). You'll see it's so much easier if there's people there that can help you. And know what they're doing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen! I am so about for your home dream coming true! From the images I've seem Devon is a dream come true as well. It looks like a good bit f paradise to me! Wising you - and jesamiah - well on your new journey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you everyone - I am SO sorry for the delay in replying - I didn't realise that anyone had left me any comments (slap forehead - stupid!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment your interest is very much appreciated! It will be published as soon as possible - depending on whether I am at my computer or walking up the lane, or being chased by the goose or helping mend fences after the pony has broken through YET AGAIN.... :-)
Helen