A Good Friday Walk in the Woods

The dog woke me up early this morning. I considered ignoring him, then thought of mopping up puddles and worse things, so got up to let him out. He did a quick wee in the garden, but by then I thought I might as well get dressed, go feed the horses, and take him for a walk.

It was a dry, crisp (but bloomin' cold wind!) morning, as I haven't been down to the woods for a long time because its been too wet and muddy, (the woods are steep & I'm not that steady on the old pins in steep, wet, muddy bits) I decided on a Walk to the Woods.
Off Baz & I set.
Looking up the lane:
the 2 trees on the right is where Middle Field starts
Up the lane to Middle Field.

Then to Top Field, and across to the gate in the corner.



Down the steep bit....

.... and into the woods:


you can (sort of) see the primroses

The Windfall:
not sure I've ever been paddling a 7 a.m. before (and yes, in my wellies - far too cold for bare feet!
looking down the waterfall


and back up it 

Back up the hill to Middle Field:


Looking back to where we walked:


This is one of our neighbours -
no problem with noise at this distance!
and back down the drive - home.





6 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:21 pm

    How lovely! Such a gorgeous place to live with all that countryside, and heaven for Baz!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking us with you on the walk. I bet Baz had fun... as well as you.
    Have a lovely Easter!
    Greetings from Switzerland.
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Debbie and Alex - lovely to meet you here, do call by again! (there's a subscription thingy at the top left, to sign up for notifications of new posts). I had a shorter repeat this afternoon, just to the top field and back, so lovely in the sunshine - but so cold in the wind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful trek...almost like walking back in time. Can hear Baz saying, "Hurry up mom, I want to see & smell it all!" Hope you and your family have a memorable Easter in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a wonderful area to be able to trek, one fortunate dog, and one fortunate human.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynn - Baz runs twice as far as I walk because I have to keep calling him back. He wasn't too keen on the very cold water though!
    Jel - I'm very appreciative of what I have now - this sort of luck doesn't come around that often, so I'm very thankful for it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment your interest is very much appreciated! It will be published as soon as possible - depending on whether I am at my computer or walking up the lane, or being chased by the goose or helping mend fences after the pony has broken through YET AGAIN.... :-)
Helen